Friday, August 24, 2007

Goodies galore!


Today was shopping Friday. I love shopping for goodies. The problem is finding just what you need and leaving the grot behind. Thats a great word, grot. It's from a British tv show in the 70s, 'the fall and rise of reginald perrin'. Great show that no one has ever heard of. Anyway, this was a so-so day for shopping. But I spent part of it with my older son and went to a farm sale with my husband, so it was pretty good anyway. I found a few vintage transfer patterns which I don't need, but I almost never leave one behind. Paid too much, though. One is an awesome Anne Orr cutwork embroidery transfer that I'd never seen before. Another was a hodge-podge of mismatched transfer sheets in a Walker envelope. Walker or Betty Burton maybe. Great stuff! Also picked up a 1933 Monarch yarn book for womens fashions, including hats. I'm a sucker for hat patterns, too. I feel a hat binge coming on again. I also got an 1888 book, in terrible condition, with embroidery patterns and fashion plates. Pretty cool embroidery patterns. I'm planning to do a website where I sell reproductions of these super hard to find embroidery and fashion patterns. As an avid vintage pattern and transfer collector and user, I have some ideas of what I'd like to see as an embroiderer. We'll see if it will work. Anyway, I may head out and shop again tomorrow, or I may stay home and can. My cucumbers are on and the pears are falling like crazy so I'd better get on it.

No comments: