Sunday, August 26, 2007

This is what a day off looks like!


Yesterday I didn't post here. I went to sales, sorted embroidery transfers and just generally puttered around the house. Today the family went out boating up the Clackamas River. We took the dogs and our son in our little aluminum row boat, packed a picnic lunch and just had a great day. Spent several hours on the water while both my husband and son took turns rowing. (We have a motor but they both like to row!) I felt like a queen in her royal barge, with my dog in my lap. The osprey were flying overhead, little bitty fish were jumping and dragonflys were buzzing around. The river can be a heavenly peaceful place. We all needed the mini getaway. Now I'm home sitting drinking a fresh pot of decaf, the cat is on my lap and I think I'll count pattern pieces. I found some really nifty ones yesterday and am refreshed and ready to get back to work.

No comments: