Saturday, October 13, 2007

Its my birthday and I'll sew if I want to...


Yes indeedy, I just gained another year. I wish I could say that I'm older but wiser. I'm working on that, though! Anyway, I decided that instead of scanning pictures and listing patterns for my good customers to purchase at my ebay store, I am going to sew a dress. I have the pattern listed already so I'm racing the clock. I think there's two days left, with no bids yet but a few watchers. Since it has already been used, there is no reason not to use it myself first. Also, my darlin' husband is out hunting this weekend and I have some 'un-dibsed' time for the next 24 hours. The pattern is from the 1950s, Simplicity #8447, for a size 38 bust. That should be a pretty close fit and I can alter the dress where I need more or less room. I've been really attracted to dresses with shaped necklines lately. The pattern has a coat to go with the dress but I don't really need one like that right now...last summer I found the most AWE-some vintage swing coat and kept it for myself. It should be perfect with this dress. SO, off I go downstairs now to see if I have a piece of fabric for this dress. I need around 3 yards of 45" wide for this, and the suggestions are cotton, linen, rayon, velvet or wool. Ok, the race is on. Wish me luck! I'll post pictures of the dress Sunday evening.

No comments: