Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sewing room cleanup day.

I spent the day Sunday in my sewing room. That is a real treat because I was supposed to be doing other more important things, like paperwork, housework, yard work. It felt good, like having the day off work because you called in, but you aren't sick so you can enjoy it! I played hookey! It all started because I was going to make my dog a coat from an old pattern that I found at a sale. I couldn't hardly walk into the room! I think I mentioned previously my bad habit of walking into the room and tossing things. Well, picture a year of doing that...it wasn't pretty. So since it was raining so hard outside (it was day one of our big rainstorm in Oregon) I started at the door and just worked my way around my cutting table. I found all kinds of things I'd forgotten about. One of my problems when I'm cleaning is that I pick up something and see all the things that I could make out of it. So I jump from one project to the next without ever picking up a needle and thread. Is there such thing as having craft ADD? I'm serious. Maybe it's just ADD. I'd better google it sometime. So I got the table cleared and dusted. The table with my sewing machines is pretty clear now. Now I can't wait to play! But I didn't get to my beading table yet. I'd like to figure out how to store seed beads so the color and size I'm looking for can be found without too much trouble. It is easy to do beadwork in places other than my work room. I sit on the couch and do peyote stitch while watching tv with the family. Of course I can't watch movies with subtitles then. Too hard to follow a chart and read dialogue at the same time. Anyway, I took a before and after picture of my room but it's on the other computer now. I'll post it tomorrow. G'night!

No comments: