Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year Again!!



Well, 2009 is off to a great start! I've made 2 pattern sales on a site other than ebay, and I went to a sale today, and found dress patterns in the size I wear. Both of those things make me happy, happy, happy because I really love vintage patterns. I love to hunt for and find them, especially in my size, because I love to sew with them. And to top it off, I found the shirtdress pattern that I've been looking for, in the right size. I also found some fabric that I'll use to make the dress. Lately I've been so into the color orange. But it's not a color that I can wear well. The fabric I found was black cotton with orange, yellow and white squiggly lines that has a sort-of mid-century vibe. That's just what I was looking for! I'm going to give the dress a try this week. It looks easy... a simple pullover shirt-dress with 3/4 length or short sleeves. I hope it's ok in this size. Vintage sizes are different, as is the ease/fit. The last dress I made I still haven't been able to wear but it was a wiggle-style dress. Shame on me for not losing the little bit of weight that I said I'd lose. Oh well. Wish me sewing and fitting luck!

No comments: