Thursday, May 13, 2010



Just a quick post about my latest project. I decided (again, lol) to quit being lazy and start sewing with one of my many vintage sewing patterns. You may point out that this one isn't really a vintage pattern. True, Butterick P408 is a repro. But the original is hard to find, and I'm too cheap to spend much on it anyway. I found this beauty at my local Goodwill.

I decided to try the dress using kids novelty print fabric. What's particularly kid-ish about a yummy strawberry print plisse is beyond me. Hope I don't look like a tablecloth wearing it. The fabric was on sale at Joanne's Fabrics.

I'll cut it out and start sewing tonight after attending a presentation about Victorian Vampire literature. I have a deadline (an outdoor wedding Saturday). But they called it the "walkaway" dress back in the 1950s because it was so quick to make. We'll see. And I'll post a picture when finished.

No comments: